My experiences building the KRMx02

Use this forum for general web site questions and comments
baysale976

My experiences building the KRMx02

Post by baysale976 »

Those who post in the private forums have been following all this, but I thought a short post in the public forums is in order.

After buying the book at the beginning of 2013, and working as quickly as finances permitted, I finished the majority of the work on my 27 x 50 machine before the Summer - and I really did take my time. The book is as thoroughly detailed as anyone would need, and in my opinion anyone who can read, use a drill, and tighten a nut could build the KRMx02.

One very nice thing is the complete Bill of Materials that is provided, whch includes the best sources possible. Michael went through the trouble of not only finding suppliers, but identifying those with the lowest prices. I am frugal, and I was hard-pressed to find lower prices on almost everything.

But, the very best part of the build process is the friendly, helpful and competent help available on the private forums. Instead of a huge public forum like CNCZone, where every yahoo can offer their opinion (and who knows if they're right?), here we have a small community of people who have actually built these machines (or are in the process), and their advice is universally spot-on.

The machine I built is, after run-in and adjustment, accurate almost to the limits of my measurement capabilities (and I am a machinist). It happily cuts aluminum and anything softer. It's easy to use, doesn't need much maintenance, and absolutely fascinating to watch. With the dust collector attachment, it's also not messy.

If you are looking around, trying to decide which set of plans to build, I recommend you look at this machine closely, since it is one of the best values on the market.
mbonadio

I absolutely second that opinion

Post by mbonadio »

Without a doubt, the KRMx02 was a joy to build. I have had mine for many months now and it has been working flawlessly. I am continually impressed with the upgrades that keep appearing for this machine and the willingness to make it better and more capable. (Not to say it needs anything from the base)

I wholeheartedly can recommend this machine and the build instructions.

Cheers
Michael
msimpson
Site Admin

Post by msimpson »

Thanks guys. I get a lot of requests from potential book buyers about wanting to join the forums to get opinions from those that have built the machines.

I decided long ago that the forums would be dedicated to helping book owners complete their machines and not used as a pre-sales tool.

Your comments in the non private section of the forum helps get the word out.

Return to “General”