Digital Books

bnelson

Digital Books

Post by bnelson »

I noticed that most if not all books on the website have been replaced with digital downloads. Is the new direction for your publications?
msimpson
Site Admin

Re: Digital Books

Post by msimpson »

Yes, I have created digital version of all my books. Why?

Costs
The main reason has been the cost of me printing the books. Both the expense and time costs have gone up substantially.

Requests
I get a great many request for the books in digital format.

The two KRMx02 PDF books are in full color. While this is nicer for those of you who want to print in color, it is not optimized for black and white printing but should be OK.

All the other books on the web site are gray scale black and white PDF's optimized for printing.
Randy

Post by Randy »

OK I have to ask: Any chance you could make those digital, color versions available to those of us who have already purchased the old black and white hard copies of the KRMx02 build and upgrade books? Perhaps put them in the downloads section of the site that is password protected? Or, would you consider offering the PDFs to prior purchasers at a discounted price?

I would love to have PDF versions I can look at when I'm not in the workshop so I can search text, and see color photos (especially when it comes to wiring) and browse the books when I'm planning a repair or upgrade. I realize we have access to the color photos via download, but that is not quite as efficient as having them with the text in a PDF.
msimpson
Site Admin

Post by msimpson »

I am looking into offering discount coupon for the printed book purchasers. If I can get the coupon system to work, I will offer the download for 50% off. It is up to you to decide if it is worth the cost.
msimpson
Site Admin

Post by msimpson »

OK here is what I am going to do:
Contact me with your original Order number, and I will send you a coupon code that will get you 75% off the Digital down load. This offer is only valid until 11/15/20. I will then reduce the discount to 50% and so on.

Schedule
10/29/20-11/15/20 - 75%
11/16/20 - 12/13/20 - 50%
12/14/20 - 12/31/20 - 25%

Return to “General CNC”