Wife will hurt me if I do not produce something

Eugene Desantis

Wife will hurt me if I do not produce something

Post by Eugene Desantis »

According to my wife I paid way too much in the building of the KRMx02 and I better be making something very special out of it. Right now I just have wood clock parts in mind. Can somebody give special ideas of what to make before I get hurt ?
wwheeler

Post by wwheeler »

well you can use it to make some Great fitting inlay for a jewelry box. Very intricate coasters (much like scroll saw work) So a mirror and frame would be good.
WJHildreth

Post by WJHildreth »

Vectric has some nice free projects and you can cut them with the trial software.

:-)
Tom Walter

Post by Tom Walter »

I'm the exact opposite as I have about 20 items that I want to make, but need to slow down to get everything built and not rush it.

Michael did a three legged end table that is fantastic! Not sure where I'll put it, but just love his design on that table (simple and elegant).

Wooden forms for aluminum forming (slapping over a wooden block is a long honored production method). The plane I'm building is "state of the art" for 1940, hence no fiberglass - but aluminum formed over wooden forms.

Storage box (dovetail joints) so these will be strong boxes.

"tool boxes" for some of my machinery (lots of dedicated tooling, but in a custom fit box you can see instantly something is missing before putting away the item).

Toolbox inserts - ditto for idea of putting away tools.

New dutch door (dog ate half of it, after that I agreed not to lock him in the mud room, and he agreed not to eat the doors.)

New bathroom closet door (it was framed as 21" wide door.... nice job, need to door to match rest of the house).

Did I mention wooden toys (for my grand nephews.... six of them, waiting for a grand niece).

Botany Panels. I was thinking kitchen cabinets, but my wife and daughter didn't like that. So free hanging panels around the kitchen.

Headboard! Yes, already in my mind how to do roses, the kids, vines, and just one wild design. I might even sneak in a mermaid, as she loves the ocean, and a hawk as I love flying. This will be a year long project to design (maybe Valentines day 2014?) Hence the 50 x 50 design, and I'll "tile" the head board.

Hand held mirror (I have the one my Grandfather gave to my Grandmother in 1906 -- when they lived in San Francisco) I'd love to make a 3D digitized image of it, and make wooden ones from the same design for my family.

Yes, couple of Vetric software items are on my list.

Out of wood, I'll also do a make a round "tuit" -- my wife will appreciate it, but the kids will just say 'huh'.

Just a few thoughts (I probably have about 50 items in my head).

I'm a metal worker... not much of a wood worker, but there are so many things that will be just super neat with the CNC router.

Meanwhile I need to get back to building my plane.

Return to “General CNC”