Arrangement of PC/Electronics, Etc

baniels

Arrangement of PC/Electronics, Etc

Post by baniels »

I'm at the stage where I'm starting to think about the arrangement of the PC, monitor, placement of electronics box, super PID, etc.

It would be cool to see how you guys have your setup. Mind sharing some pictures to give me some ideas?

Thanks.
Tom Walter

Post by Tom Walter »

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy_cnc_r ... one-2.html

Need to get a photo showing "everything in one photo", but the above link will give you an idea of the enclosure.

Everything was from my 'scrap pile'. Only thing bought was the air filter.
I used a metal plate (old lid from a PC when they have heavy chassis) to mount the power supply and G540. This gave me room for a couple of bus strips.

In one photo you'll see where I wrote out the connections of the G540 on the power supply (handy for quick trouble shooting in the future).

I had overlooked a Super PID, but had enough room to add that into the box later. Thankfully learned Super PID 2 was larger than I had planned for the Super PID.
wwheeler

Post by wwheeler »

I'll have to get a picture of our setup. the controller hardware and Power supplies are on a board hung on the side of the CNC and I have the computer on a stand up cart next to that which I can roll around.

Return to “General CNC”