Angry at microsoft. (Expletive)

Joey427

Angry at microsoft. (Expletive)

Post by Joey427 »

Just got a Intel E3-1225v6 CPU and SuperMicro motherboard with ECC memory (to reduce the chance of CNC malfunctins as described in a revious post) . I installed Win 8.1. And whe going to Windos update get the message your latest generation of processor will only be supported if you gave Windiws 10. THIS IS TOTAL BULLCRAP!!! I AM AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER AND CAN PUT TOGETHER ANY PIECE F HARDWARE I WANT TO ! ! !
Microsoft, just because you want to "reduce theOS" that you have to have security bugs in as your supporters applaud you, does not forgive you you for having previously poor security operating systems.Micosoft says they WILL NOT PROVIDE SEVURITY UPDATES UNLSS YOU HAVE WIN 10 FOR the latest Intel procesdors!÷=%_€¥¥₩ (expletive again)

I will be getting a CNCLinux soon. I like my Raspberry Pi, and I have a NodeMcu Lua running Network Time Protocol (C. Lindley).I am a Nuts' n Volts magazine suscriber.
JOE
Joey427

Re: Angry at microsoft. (Expletive)

Post by Joey427 »

The Microsoft message is:
Your PC uses a processor that is designed for the latest version of Windows. Because the processor is not supported together with the Windows version that you are currently using, your system will miss important security updates. Please select the "Learn more" link to address this situation.

Still irked,
Joe :|
msimpson
Site Admin

Post by msimpson »

I would just ignore it. You just wont get any motherboard specific upgrades. You should get all others.

This is not really Microsoft's fault. The manufactures most likley decided not to write drivers for anything other than Win10. This is not the first time, hell, HP did this back when Vista came out. They only wrote drivers for Vista. I wanted to backload Windows 7 and could not find most of the mother board drivers. I was able to get some directly from the component manufacture like the Intel chipset.
baysale976

Post by baysale976 »

My CNC controller is not connected to the Internet; It runs XP Pro and data goes in via USB stick. No problems with security updates, anti-virus, and so on.

Return to “General CNC”